Thursday 10 July 2008

You Decide - where did the £200 cash Cllr Joseph admits receiving end up ?


YOU DECIDE ! Cllr Joseph admits receiving £200 cash. She had a duty and responsibility to take care of the cash, as she clearly did with the cheques. It is extraordinary and rather suspicious that the cheques made it to the Town Hall but the cash did not !! ?


On Monday 14th May 2007, Cllr Joseph attended the premises of Food For Thought at 15 High Road, Willesden NW10. The proprietor and her husband Mrs. Lou Paludetto made a small donation of £130 by cheque made payable to the “Mayor’s Charity Committee May 2006/May2007”. Their neighbour from Empire Estate Agents next door, a Ms. G. Wheeler popped in and made a personal donation of £100 also made payable my cheque to the Mayors Charity Committee. Mr. Muhammed Islam from Only One Property Services, also popped in. Mr. Islam did not have his cheque book to hand and wanted to also make a donation. He popped into a brown envelope £200 cash and attached his business cards to the top of the envelopes. The cheques were handed in to the Town Hall but the cash was not !! See all 3 pictures. Cllr Joseph poses with the people who handed her cheques and the persons who handed her the cash. She cannot remember what happened to the cash !!!

1 comment:

Cllr Bertha Joseph said...

COUNCILLOR BERTHA JOSEPH

Local Councillor Bertha Joseph has today told of how a ‘malicious attempt to discredit her reputation’ has back-fired after The Crown Prosecution Service stated that she had no case to answer and they would be taking no action after she was questioned over the disappearance of £200 during her term as Mayor of Brent last month.

In a statement issued today, Cllr Joseph said:

“I am delighted but not surprised that the Crown Prosecution Service will be taking no action against me as I am sure that after thoroughly investigating the so-called evidence before them they came to the conclusion that this was simply an extremely unfounded and malicious attempt to discredit my reputation and besmirch my good name”.

“It is very sad that I as the first African-Caribbean Mayor of Brent, have had my good name dragged through the streets of the borough in this way. I have served on Brent Council for 22 years where I have enjoyed the full respect of the borough’s residents and have been seen as a role model particularly for young, black youths. That such an attempt was made to humiliate, discredit and embarrass myself, my family and the wider black community is an affront to all those who have and continue to support me.”

“I would like to thank all of those people who have unwaveringly supported me during this distressing time and know through the many emails and letters I have received that they have seen this allegation for the spiteful untruth it was”.

“I now look forward to being able to concentrate all my efforts on representing my constituents fully and to providing the best possible service for the people of Kensal Green”.